UPDATE: Eastern Market Brewing Co. has stopped sales and production of "Same Old Lager." Read the full update here.
Eastern Market Brewing Co. probably couldn't have picked a better (or worse?) weekend to launch a beer in tribute of the Detroit Lions - and Lions legend Barry Sanders is not happy with it.
The Lions are coming off an embarrassing 20-0 loss to the shorthanded Carolina Panthers, their first shutout loss in more than a decade. They're now 4-6, destined to miss the postseason and potentially a regime change. All of that has fans fired up for change heading into Thanksgiving against the Houston Texans.
Enter Eastern Market Brewing Co., which has been debuting new and tasty beers left and right from its Detroit location and its Ferndale Project taproom this year. Going into the Lions-Panthers game Sunday, it announced a new beer release: "Same Old Lager," a crisp, 4.5% alcohol-by-volume lager that has one simple request: "Don't set your expectations too high."
The can label has an 8-bit version of what looks like Lions legend Barry Sanders on the label with a Tecmo Bowl football field backdrop. "This classic American lager is exactly what you'd expect," the description reads. "Light, crisp, and always leaves you wanting more. Just keep telling yourself 'the Next Beer, will be The Beer.'"
Get it? It's a play on both the Lions fan's sense of false hope every year and also the reputation of the lager in the craft beer community: Crisp and clean, but lacking in bold flavor unlike other popular styles such as IPA, stout and wheat ale. Still, lagers have a valuable place in the beer portfolio, just like the lovable (?) Lions do in our hearts.
More beer news: Michigan is getting its first Black-owned brewery
That said, Sanders made it clear: He is not at all involved with Eastern Market Brewing Co. in launching this beer. He took to Twitter Monday to express disappointment and indicated he would pursue legal action against Eastern Market Brewing Co.
"I have no affiliation with this company, and they are using my image without any permission," he said. "My legal team is working through the process to shut this down ASAP. Apologies to any fans that were duped."
Some of you may have seen this in the @freep today - I have no affiliation with this company, and they are using my image without any permission.
My legal team is working through the process to shut this down ASAP.
Apologies to any fans that were duped. pic.twitter.com/STCnX2fuGS
Though Sanders is not named on the label or in the marketing of the beer, the Lions player on the label is wearing Sanders' No. 20 and appears to be an 8-bit version of him.
Eastern Market Brewing Co. has since said it would cease sales and production of "Same Old Lager."

innova from Towing Solutions and Its Utility

Dry weather, dusty fields growing concerns in potato country

Detroit Tigers walk 10, end winning streak in loss to Brewers

Detroit Lions must stop Cardinals' Kyler Murray to take 'must-win' game

Eastern Market Brewing Co. debuts Detroit Lions beer: 'Same Old Lager'

the ,and ,of ,to ,beer ,lions ,brewing co ,market brewing ,eastern market ,same old ,old lager ,eastern market brewing ,legend barry sanders ,lions legend barry

مشخصات

آخرین ارسال ها

آخرین جستجو ها

speeourn pichakekhialp Ann's info فروشگاه حلزون مطالب اینترنتی وبلاگ Wanda's life setaresohil موبایل سکوریتی دست نوشت های یک مهندس علوم دامی